Independent Living Skills Instructor
Under the supervision of the Executive Director, the Independent Living Skills Instructor develops and implements individualized programs of instruction in personal and home management consistent with the mission of the Community Center for the Blind and Visually Impaired.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assess client’s needs and develop plans for addressing needs consistent with client’s abilities, objectives, and goals
- Implement plans of individualized instruction
- Teach remotely via video platform using Zoom, Teams, Facetime, Google Duo, etc.
- Teach remotely over the phone
- Conduct face to face training
- Evaluate client’s progress, maintain comprehensive records and prepare required reports in a timely fashion
- Make recommendations for client’s continued progress
- Cooperate and consult with agency staff, professional disciplines, appropriate community resources, volunteers and significant others who are working professionally on behalf of the clients
- Consult with supervisor to obtain approval for program expenditures
- Keep abreast of current technological and educational developments in the field
- Keep abreast of agency and ancillary programs
- Adhere to agency policies and procedures as outlined in the Employee Handbook
- Attend and participate in staff meetings
- Assist with any task deemed necessary to the operation of the agency as assigned
- Bachelor of Science Degree in education, rehabilitation teaching or related field, or equivalent
- One year teaching experience
- Intermediate or advanced experience with Microsoft Office Suite
- Ability to represent agency in a professional manner and communicate effectively with diverse populations
- Current certification in cardiopulmonary resuscitation (CPR) and standard first aid
- Ability to pass drug screenings as well as fingerprint and background checks
Job Type: Part-time, non-exempt
Hiring Range: $17-$22 per hour based on experience
Ability to speak languages in addition to English is a plus.
To be considered for this position, please provide resume AND two professional references that we can contact.
Send resume and references to: email@example.com with “Applicant for ILS Instructor” in the subject line.
CCBVI is an equal opportunity employer. In compliance with applicable laws and its own policy, CCBVI is committed to recruiting a diverse staff and does not discriminate in its hiring of staff, or in the provision of its employment benefits to its staff on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, ancestry, age, genetic information, sex/gender, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, medical condition, pregnancy, gender identity, gender expression or physical disability.